French self-taught photographer now living in Toronto, I have always been more fascinated by pictures than words. To put it simply, a bit of a dreamer: that is who I am.
For as far as I remember, even as a little kid, I couldn’t go anywhere without my Kodak camera which my parents bought me, seizing every opportunity to capture a piece of life. My photographic journey however really started in the late 90s. I tried to understand the basics and the composition of a picture by going through magazines and famous photographers’ portfolios, sharpening my eye while learning how to play with my camera by ‘giving it a try’. I first focused on black and white film photography, in both shooting and processing, taking my inspiration from candid photography, a world I have always admired. I now simply try to capture the words I read with my camera, believing in luck and in the ‘decisive moment’.
- "Toronto versus New York" [Solo Exhibition]
Pierre Léon Gallery - Alliance Française, Toronto, Canada
- "Une saison aux Trinitaires" [Solo Exhibition]
Les Trinitaires, Metz, France
- "Street Sans Frontières" International [Group Exhibition]
Espace des Arts Sans Frontières, Paris, France
- "Fujifilm X World Photo Gallery" [Group Exhibition]
Fujifilm Headquarters, Tokyo, Japan
- "I Love Japan" [Group Exhibition]
Japan Foundation, Paris, France
- Laureate of the "Fujifilm X World Photo Gallery 2015"
- Open Commended image for the "2015 Sony World Photography Awards"
- Editors' choice of the "National Geographic Photo Contest 2014"
- Laureate of the "Le plus grand concours photo du monde 2018" from PHOTO French magazine
- Laureate of the "Le plus grand concours photo du monde 2016" from PHOTO French magazine
- Laureate of the "Le plus grand concours photo du monde 2015" from PHOTO French magazine
- Laureate of the "Le plus grand concours photo du monde 2014" from PHOTO French magazine
- Photo of the Day in National Geographic magazine
- Editors' Choice on 500px
- As a finalist of the LensCulture Street Photography Awards 2016, life member of the invite-only LensCulture portfolios: www.lensculture.com/antoine-bruneau
- National Geographic (NationalGeographic.com)
- Réponses Photo magazine (ReponsesPhoto.fr)
- PHOTO magazine (Photo.fr)
- L'Oeil de la Photographie (LOeilDeLaPhotographie.com)